Thursday, December 9, 2010

NOTM: Wet n Wild Blitzen

When I first saw swatches of the new WnW Vixen's Mittens collection, I knew I wanted to get Blitzen because it looked like a great holiday polish without being in your face Christmas-y. This mix of gold and red seemed really unique, too. I finally tracked this polish down at a ShopRite (grocery store) that usually never gets LE collections. The whole display was just sitting on the bottom shelf in the cosmetics aisle. Weird! I scooped up Blitzen and Dancer and went back for Prancer later on. :)


Blitzen is a really interesting polish. It appears to be a champagne colored sheer base with small gold microglitter and larger red glitter in it. I put on 4 coats in these pictures and there is still VNL. The red glitter was kind of sparse and wouldn't stay where I wanted it to, so I kept layering until I was satisfied. LOL. The base color was too close to my skin tone so I will most likely layer this when I wear it again. It's a pretty, delicate look for the holidays though.

The only downside is that this polish chipped for me on the first day of wear! I was hoping to wear it for the whole week but it's already off and replaced with a new look. I thought removal would be a bear with all the glitter, but it was actually pretty easy for me, because the polish literally PEELED OFF in big chunks. :o I have never had any other polish just peel off like that. I got bored at work yesterday and all my polish was gone by the end of the day!

I guess this polish is nice for just a short-term look because wear time was absolutely horrible.

Ta-ta for now!

No comments:

Post a Comment