Monday, August 2, 2010

NOTM: Purple Prettiness

This wasn't exactly what I had planned when I started doing my nails but I like how it all turned out.

Outside in the Sun

Inside with Flash

Inside without Flash (pretty close to the colors in real life)


On my ring finger, I used 2 coats of CG NailSlicks in Grape Ice and stamped the butterfly image from plate m36 with Color Club Wild at Heart. I've had Grape Ice for years now but haven't worn it in a while and I must say that it went on so smoothly. I could have gotten away with 1 coat if I was very careful with the application. I'll have to revisit it for a full mani soon.


On my other fingers I have on 2 coats of China Glaze Spontaneous and 1-2 coats of Sinful Colors Hottie. Even though Hottie looks blue in the bottle, the base is so sheer that it really didn't show up when layered.


I originally planned to use Spontaneous on all my fingers and stamp the panda face from s10 on the ring. Things changed when a) the panda face wouldn't transfer fully onto my nails again (I'm beginning to think that the plate is just cruddy) and b) the image didn't stand out against Spontaneous. I'm happy I decided to go with Grape Ice because I think it stands out but still fits in with the rest of my mani. :)


As I said in my previous post, I'll be going away early tomorrow morning and won't be back til Friday night, so this is it for me this week.

Ta-ta for now!

No comments:

Post a Comment